- MSc Forensic Psychology (with Psychotherapy)*
- MSc Counselling and Psychology in Educational Settings
- MSc Applied Psychology: Health Psychology and Counselling
- MSc Applied Psychology: Clinical Psychology and Counselling
- MSc Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (Adult)
- MSc Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy
MSc Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (Adult)
- The only psychotherapeutic CBT programme in Greece at Master’s level.
- Graduates are eligible to apply – on an individual basis – for registration with the British Association of Cognitive & Behavioural Psychotherapy (BABCP, Level 2).
- Meets the academic standards for registration with the Hellenic Counselling Society and the European Association for Counselling (EAC)
- Includes 320 hours of clinical practice and in-house supervision.
- Includes the most contemporary CBP methods (Mindfulness Based CBP, Schema Therapy, Compassion-Focused Therapy).
The MSc Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (Adult) is an innovative postgraduate programme that is unique in Greece and provides a professional training in Cognitive/ Behavioural Therapy. Through a variety of teaching and assessment methods, it prepares students to become independent Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapists. The programme has been designed by the University of Derby according to the criteria of the British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP), on completion of the course students can apply for individual accreditation with the BAΒCP.
The programme is addressed to:
- University or College graduates with a first degree in Psychology or a Social Sciences discipline and proven professional or psychotherapeutic experience in health or social care
- Holders of professional certificates with professional or psychotherapeutic experience in health or social care
Requirements for registration:
- Copy of the latest studies certificate *
- Copy of professional certificates (if any)
- CV (in English)
- Reference Letters (2)
- Very good knowledge of English (IELTS 7.0 level or equivalent) **
- Academic interview
- Photos (2)
- Copy of ID-card/ passport
- Copy of criminal record
*Candidates without a first degree are also encouraged to apply for the programme. Factors like the possession of other professional qualifications, proven experience in Counselling and commitment to continuing personal & professional development, may contribute to the admission to the programme.
** Candidates without official English language certificates can sit the English language placement test of Mediterranean College.
The MSc Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (Adult) consists of four 20-credit modules, one 40-credit module and a diploma thesis of 60 credits. The programme covers theories and research related to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, while enabling students to gain the necessary skills to apply them in a wide spectrum of disorders (depression, anxiety, fear, posttraumatic stress, eating disorders etc.). Students complete their theoretical training with a compulsory, supervised clinical placement of 320 hours (70 hours of supervision). They are also encouraged to engage in individual therapy.
Year 1/ PG Certificate
Year 2/ PG Diploma
Year 3/ Master’s
Teaching and learning is practical and experiential in nature and includes:
- Experiential & problem-solving exercises
- Case study discussions & debates
- Group assignments
- Individual research
- Clinical practice
Τhe programme focuses on the personal and professional development of students, who:
- Are provided with a comprehensive training in the most recent theories and techniques of CBT approach based on research findings.
- Develop their understanding of the theoretical, social, cultural, ideological framework of each case, via which the individual understands and manages his problems.
- Study the importance of ethics, legal and ethical implications of the code of practice as well as how to deal appropriately with ethical dilemmas in psychotherapy.
- Consider the significance of research in counselling and psychotherapy and become familiar with qualitative and quantitative research.
- Develop self-awareness, self-reflection and reflexivity.
- Study and analyse the most prominent approaches and techniques of CBT and the proper use of clinical supervision.
The College has a wide network of partner institutions, thus supporting students in finding the most appropriate place for their clinical practice and/ or individual therapy.
- Mediterranean is the College with the most experience and expertise in Greece in the delivery of higher education courses in Psychology and Counselling and offers study options at multiple levels: from Level 5 Higher National Diploma to Level 7 Master’s Degrees.
- The University of Derby (Guardian University Guide 2020) is a TOP-26 UK University and in the TOP-10 for student employability. This stems from constantly developing the curriculum as directed by employers, professional and accreditation bodies.
- It is the only psychotherapeutic programme in Greece that combines an academic title (Master) with the CBT psychotherapeutic approach, creating opportunities for graduates to develop as professionals in the private or academic sector.
- The course has been designed by the University of Derby according to the criteria of the British Association of Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapy (BABCP – level 2), on completion of the course students can apply for individual accreditation with the BAΒCP.
- Upon successful completion of the course, graduates will be able to work as self-employed practitioners accredited by the BABCP or/and the Hellenic Counselling Association (conditions apply).
- Includes the most contemporary CBP methods, such as Mindfulness Based CBP, Schema Therapy, Compassion-Focused Therapy formulated by Professor Paul Gilbert (Head of the Mental Health Research Unit and Lecturer at the University of Derby).
- This programme is an MSc (Master of Science) and not an MA (Master of Arts), which makes it less theoretical and more practical.
- The course includes 320 hours of compulsory, supervised clinical practice and students are supported by the School in finding an appropriate setting. The College offers in-house supervision of clinical practice at a nominal fee.
- The student learning experience is further enhanced through the School of Psychology activities .
- All academic staff are accredited lecturers of the University of Derby for every module they teach. Mediterranean College implements an integrated system of recruitment, assessment and continuing professional development of academic staff, so that students receive excellent teaching and personal support to develop their social and professional skills.
- The School of Psychology offers students the opportunity to attend – alongside their studies – specialised seminars on the use of psychometric tools, in partnership with ISON Psychometrica (a leading company in Greece). Students can also attend certified training courses in Counselling, Psychotherapy and Clinical Diagnosis – Evaluation.
Graduates of this programme may apply for registration with the British Association of Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapy (BABCP) and the Hellenic Association for Counselling (EES). They have the ability to work as independent CBT counselors – psychotherapists in a range of counselling settings:
- Counselling services & centres
- Community support & social welfare units
- Humanitarian and development NGOs
- Health sector settings
- Private practice as counsellors – psychotherapists
Alternatively they can continue their studies towards a PhD or PsyD.
At Mediterranean College I studied the BSc (Hons) Applied Psychology course, which offered me the necessary skills to be accepted for postgraduate studies in London (MSc Clinical Applications of Psychology – Kingston University London) and become a member of the British Psychological Society – MBPsS). Starting from scratch, the College and its outstanding academic tutors provided me the theoretical and practical background to be employed and continue to work until...
Spyros Vlaseros, BSc (Hons) Applied Psychology
I started my studies at Mediterranean College in 2008 when I followed the BSc in Psychology and Counselling course through the University of Teesside. Mediterranean College provided me with the foundation upon which I based my career. After completing the BSc, I moved to England, obtained two Master’s degrees and started working as a research assistant at the University of Teesside. I am completing now my final PhD year with...
Theodora Machaira, BSc (Hons) Psychological Sciences & Counselling
Completing the academic programme BSc in Counselling & Psychology at the Mediterranean College, I managed to register with the British Psychological Society as a Graduate Member, I have been working as an independent mental health professional with my private practice until today, Ι linked with other professionals in the Psychology and Mental Health field, I wrote two psychology books which have been officially published, and also, having an accredited (by...
Evangelos Kousiadis, BSc (Hons) Psychological Sciences & Counselling
· ATHENS: +30 2108899600 · THESSALONIKI: +30 2310287779