Mediterranean College proudly announces that it will host the proceedings of the 13th China-Europe International Symposium on Software Engineering Education (CEISEE) in Greece.
In this 13th successful event, the Symposium will be held on the 24th and 25th of May in Athens, at the Royal Olympic Hotel (Athanasiou Diakou, Olympus Zeus Columns, Athens). Organiser of the CIESSE is the collaborating with Mediterranean College University of Derby.
The main theme of CEISEE 2017 will be: “Process, People, Products in Software Engineering Development: From Pedagogy to Practice”.
Its aim is to explore how higher education in China and Europe can respond to the changing technological needs of industry for both technical capability and student preparedness for the world of work, whilst technology is, at the same time, changing higher education. The conference benefits from input from two distinctly different academic cultures, highlighting the similarities and differences that arise from the two perspectives.
The 13th China – Europe International Symposium on Software Engineering Education will mainly focus on, but not be limited to, the following suggested topics:
- Pedagogic models of software engineering education
- Transnational software engineering education
- Software systems development processes
- Innovation and evaluation of software engineering education
- Validation and verification of software and how to teach it
- Systems integration in the era of the Internet of Things
- Requirement and cultivation of high quality software engineers for the future
- Curriculum for software engineering education
- Alternative approaches to software engineering education
- Preparing students for employment in the 2020s and beyond
- Software engineering for customising information systems
- MOOCs and E-Learning in software engineering education
- Interdisciplinary education for IT students
- Interdisciplinary education and course development for software engineering, big data, internet of things, internet of services and big service, service science and engineering, e-services economics, management of information systems, social computing, ICT application for enterprises
- The influence of internationalisation and globalisation in software engineering education in environment
- Software systems sustainability
- Quality assurance, assessment and accountability in software engineering education
- Industry / Education cooperation in software engineering education
- Certification and authentication for professional education on software engineers
Who can attend:
The Symposium will be delivered in English and can be attended by:
- Computer Science/ Software Engineering academic staff in Higher Education
- Computer Science/ Software Engineering doctorate students and researchers
- Computer Science/ Software Engineering teachers in secondary and post-secondary education
- Computer Science/ Software Engineering students
- Computer Science/ Software Engineering professionals
- Governmental services and institutions that are involved in Education and Computer Science/ Software Engineering
Information – Registration:
To participate in the Symposium requires in time registration and payment of the attendance fee.
374,10€/ person, for individual participants or groups up to 4 persons
344,88€/ person, for groups between 5-9 persons
315,65€/ person, for groups of 10 persons and above
Student attendance fee: 99,37€/ person (does not include lunch)
*The participation cost is paid in Sterling GBP. Prices in euros have been calculated according to the exchange rate on the 5/4/17.
Registration deadline: Friday 5 May 2017
Click HERE to redirect to the Registration Page.
For more information you can contact us:
School of Computing
Dr. Mata Ilioudi
Τηλ.: 210 8899600