- MSc Forensic Psychology (with Psychotherapy)*
- MSc Counselling and Psychology in Educational Settings
- MSc Applied Psychology: Health Psychology and Counselling
- MSc Applied Psychology: Clinical Psychology and Counselling
- MSc Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (Adult)
- MSc Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy
MSc Counselling and Psychology in Educational Settings
40+Years of Experience in Psychology Studies.
TOP30 UK University postgraduate degree.
Educational psychology & counselling, focusing on systemic approach.
Supervised work placement in settings.
The programme is designed for students who wish to specialise in psychology applied to educational / school settings. The MSc in Counselling & Psychology in Educational Settings is also designed to help students work effectively as an educational psychologist with children, young people, teachers, parents and other professionals. Students will acquire the essential theoretical and empirical knowledge as well as essential counselling skills, emphasising on systemic therapy, to meet the profession’s demands. Graduates will be able to apply their knowledge to prevent and address the various difficulties that are shaped and expressed in the school environment.
- University or College graduates holding a degree in Psychology or Education.
- University of College graduates holding a degree on a closely related subject containing a significant element of Psychology.
Requirements for Registration:
- Copy of the latest studies certificate
- CV (in English)
- Reference Letters (2)
- Very good knowledge of English (IELTS 6.5 level or equivalent) *
- Academic interview
- Photos (2)
- Copy of ID-card/ passport
- Copy of criminal record
* Candidates without official English language certificates can sit the English language placement test of Mediterranean College.
The programme consists of six (6) 20-credit modules and the postgraduate dissertation (60 credits).
Via the two “in action” modules (i.e. School Context, Ethics & Legislation in Action in year 1 and Counselling Skills in Action in year 2), students will take part in supervised placement and gain practical experience in an appropriate applied setting to supplement their learning on the programme. It will be the students’ responsibility to secure a placement and satisfy any requirements of that placement, however the College will support students in finding a suitable placement. Students need to accumulate a minimum total of 100 placement hours and 20 supervision hours.
|Year 1||Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Year 2||Semester 3||Semester 4|
*Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling & Psychology in Educational Settings (80 credits)
*Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling & Psychology in Educational Settings (120 credits)
*MSc in Counselling & Psychology in Educational Settings (180 credits)
The learning and teaching methods utilised in the programme to achieve the learning outcomes, will include:
- discussion sessions
- case based learning
- interactive workshops
- lab sessions
Throughout the programme, students will be expected to take an active role and will be encouraged to contribute to the investigation of concepts in written and oral format. This will enable them to further develop their:
- critical and academic thinking
- academic writing and argument building
- personal development
- reflection and communication skills
- investigative skills
In all modules, students will be directed to supplementary information sources, to complement the taught material and further encourage independent learning.
- A unique programme focusing on the applications of psychology in education while simultaneously enriching students’ counselling skills.
- In-depth knowledge in a combination of two fields of study: educational psychology and counselling, focusing on systemic therapy
- Rooted in the local framework whilst acknowledging European and global frameworks, contexts and legislations.
- This programme is an MSc (Master of Science), which makes it less theoretical and more practical.
- High-quality teaching from experienced academics and active professionals
- Access to a fully-equipped observation suite (with a one-way mirror and audio-visual recording) appropriate for focus groups, interviews, role-plays and observational studies
- Personal development planning and links with continuing professional development and lifelong learning.
- Rooted in practice with the use of real-life examples, case studies and placement
- Attentive to varied assessment methods
- Mediterranean is the College with the most experience and expertise in Greece in the delivery of higher education courses in Psychology and Counselling and offers study options at multiple levels: from Level 5 Higher National Diploma to Level 7 Master’s Degrees.
- The University of Derby (Guardian University Guide 2020) is a TOP-26 UK University and in the TOP-10 for student employability. This stems from constantly developing the curriculum as directed by employers, professional and accreditation bodies.
- All academic staff are accredited lecturers of the University of Derby for every module they teach. Mediterranean College implements an integrated system of recruitment, assessment and continuing professional development of academic staff, so that students receive excellent teaching and personal support to develop their social and professional skills.
- The School of Psychology offers students the opportunity to attend – alongside their studies – specialised seminars on the use of psychometric tools, in partnership with ISON Psychometrica (a leading company in Greece). Students can also attend certified training courses in Counselling, Psychotherapy and Clinical Diagnosis – Assessment.
Graduates of this programme can work in a range of settings, such as:
- Schools and nurseries
- Counselling services & centres
- Community support & social welfare units
- Humanitarian and development NGOs
- Health sector settings
- Private practice as counsellors
Alternatively, they can continue their studies towards a PhD or work abroad.
At Mediterranean College I studied the BSc (Hons) Applied Psychology course, which offered me the necessary skills to be accepted for postgraduate studies in London (MSc Clinical Applications of Psychology – Kingston University London) and become a member of the British Psychological Society – MBPsS). Starting from scratch, the College and its outstanding academic tutors provided me the theoretical and practical background to be employed and continue to work until...
Spyros Vlaseros, BSc (Hons) Applied Psychology
I started my studies at Mediterranean College in 2008 when I followed the BSc in Psychology and Counselling course through the University of Teesside. Mediterranean College provided me with the foundation upon which I based my career. After completing the BSc, I moved to England, obtained two Master’s degrees and started working as a research assistant at the University of Teesside. I am completing now my final PhD year with...
Theodora Machaira, BSc (Hons) Psychological Sciences & Counselling
Completing the academic programme BSc in Counselling & Psychology at the Mediterranean College, I managed to register with the British Psychological Society as a Graduate Member, I have been working as an independent mental health professional with my private practice until today, Ι linked with other professionals in the Psychology and Mental Health field, I wrote two psychology books which have been officially published, and also, having an accredited (by...
Evangelos Kousiadis, BSc (Hons) Psychological Sciences & Counselling