BA (Hons) Business Management
- The University of Derby is a TOP-10 UK University for Management studies (Guardian University Guide 2020).
- The only bilingual undergraduate course in Greece accredited by the UK CMI (Chartered Management Institute).
- Recently updated content (2017), putting emphasis on international entrepreneurship, digital and social media, responsible leadership.
- Interactive teaching & learning methods, with guest lectures, business games, company visits, consultancy projects, etc.
- Integrated plan for developing students’ employability skills (MC Employability Scheme).
Developed in close consultation with the premier UK professional body for managers, the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), this course puts you on the fast track to success. It is one of the few where you’ll graduate with a highly regarded BA (Hons) Business Management as well as the CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership. With these qualifications on your CV, you’ll signal to prospective employers that you’re suited for senior leadership roles and rapid promotion. The Diploma is the benchmark qualification for full CMI membership and takes you a step towards Chartered Manager status. There is no need to take extra exams or coursework to achieve the Diploma: our combined module and CMI assessments give you a smooth route to both qualifications.
One of the most distinctive features of our BA (Hons) Business Management is its flexibility. You’ll gain a strong foundation of knowledge in business and management but have ample scope to focus on areas that match your interests. All Business Management students study the same modules in the first year so you’ll gain insights into the major business disciplines. After your first year, you can choose to transfer to one of our specialist pathways, combining Business Management with Marketing, Finance or Shipping.
The programme is addressed to High School graduates who want to build a career in Business.
- High School leaving certificate (Apolyterion) from a General or Vocational Senior High School (or equivalent)
- Reference Letter (1)
- Adequate knowledge of English (IELTS 4.5 or equivalent) *
- Academic Interview
- Photos (2)
- ID-Card/ passport
*The level of English required for the English-taught programme is equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or B2. Candidates without official English language certificates can sit the English language placement test of Mediterranean College.
Holders of Vocational Training Institutes (IEK) Diplomas or Higher National Diplomas (HND), students of Technological (TEI) or Higher Education Institutions (AEI) of relevant fields may be admitted to an advanced stage of the course, upon a Recognition of Prior Learning procedure. They need to additionally submit:
- Diploma and/or academic transcript
- Programme Handbook (if available)
This course comprises 20-credit modules, most of them being delivered on a semester basis, while a few are year-long modules. The highlight of the course is the 40-credit consultancy project in the final year, where students put into practice everything they have learned for a real-life employer. Modules of Year 1 are delivered and assessed in Greek; modules of Year 2 are delivered and assessed in Greek and English; modules of Year 3 are delivered and assessed in English. (Note: this course is also delivered entirely in English).
We take a ‘scaffolded’ approach to learning, so you’ll have full support in the early stages of your course and can gradually move towards stronger understanding and greater independence. It’s a smooth transition to ease your way into both university-level study and business management practice. All Business Management students study the same modules in the first year so you’ll gain insights into the major business disciplines. After your first year, you can choose to transfer to one of our specialist pathways, combining Business Management with Marketing, Finance or Shipping.
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Understanding People in Organisations||Quantitative Skills for Business||Global Business and Strategy|
|Understanding the Global Business Environment||Principles of Responsible Management||The Lean Business Venture|
|Business Economics||Enterprise Management||Developing Leadership and Management|
|Finance and Business Performance||Applied Operations Management||International Entrepreneurship|
|Developing an Enterprising Mindset||Managing People||The Business Consultancy Project
|Marketing Fundamentals||Digital and Social Media|
|Academic Skills||English II|
|English I||English II|
Teaching & learning incorporates formal lectures, sometimes involving guest speakers; tutor-led and student-led seminars; one-to-one and small group tutorials; work experience projects; work-related learning; self-directed study; internship opportunities; and video discussions with the University of Derby students. By stage three, you are expected to be more in charge of your own learning, with module tutors advising and directing your studies.
Business simulations, topical case studies, employer-led projects and business games – all provide practical scenarios in which to test your ideas and hone your problem-solving, decision-making and leadership skills. The course culminates in a live consultancy project with an employer, where you will harness your research and project management skills to improve business performance.
You will benefit from an innovative variety of assessment modes. Assessment is mainly via coursework which can take forms such as traditional essays and reports, group project work, research and consultancy projects, presentations, posters, and design of digital materials. There are also in-class tests and computer-based assessments.
We encourage and support you to take an optional internship to acquire the experience which will set you apart in the graduate employment market. You will further enhance your student learning experience by attending the Business School’s activities (such as the Student Excellence Conference, open lectures, etc).
- The University of Derby is a TOP-10 UK University for Management Studies (Guardian University Guide 2020).
- This course has been recently updated (2017) being the only one in Greece to give emphasis on digital & social media, international entrepreneurship and responsible leadership.
- It is the only bilingual undergraduate programme in Greece to be accredited by the UK Chartered Management Institute (CMI). The CMI accreditation offers important benefits:
- It ensures that the programme teaches what employers need!
- Students – along with their Degree – they receive a well-respected diploma, the Level 5 Diploma in Management & Leadership from CMI (with np further exams).
- Students will register with CMI as Affiliate Members and have access to the digital CMI library, newsletters and events.
- Students will be assigned with a mentor (member of CMI) from whom they’ll receive personal guidance and support in employment prospects.
- This course is flexible. Students are introduced to all business functions in the first year of studies and after that, they have the ability to either continue with the generic Business Management route, or combine Management with Marketing, Finance or Shipping.
- The programme is delivered in both Greek and English, so that students are gradually and smoothly introduced to studying in English. English lessons are provided during the 1st and 2nd year of study, specially designed to cover terminology and to help students meet the requirements of the English-taught part of the programme (students therefore do not need additional English tuition). Students receive the support of the College’s English Department throughout their studies. As graduates of a UK University (being taught in English) they certify their English as a foreign language competence at a Proficiency (C2) level.
- Students on this course can undertake an optional internship in one of the partner corporations within the Business School’s wide industry network.
- Students are taught and assessed in different, innovative ways not only through lectures and exams (labs, case studies, guest lectures, company visits). Assessment is creative and professionally orientated, based on written coursework and projects. The student learning experience is further enhanced with the Business School’s activities.
- Mediterranean College gives particular emphasis on the academic support of undergraduate students: a personal tutor is assigned to every student; lecturers are available at office hours; students with difficulties may use the services of the counselling and learning support centre; students receive regular feedback on their academic progress; students have full access to the College’s libraries and electronic resources.
- All academic staff are accredited lecturers of the University of Derby for every module they teach. Mediterranean College implements an integrated system of recruitment, assessment and continuing professional development of academic staff, so that students receive excellent teaching and personal support to develop their social and professional skills.
- Business School students actively participate in activities organised within the MC Employability Scheme, the College’s integrative employability development plan.
- Mediterranean College Business School is one of the first and leading private business schools established in Greece (1977).
The programme graduates, according to the Greek law, are holders of an accredited university degree, professionally equivalent to those awarded by Greek State Technological or Higher Education Institutes. If they wish so, they can have their degree recognised by the Greek authorities. Click here for more information on the degree recognition procedure.
After successfully completing the course, graduates may continue for a Master’s degree at Mediterranean College or at overseas universities. Alternatively, they can seek employment.
BA (Hons) holders may attend the following Master programmes offered by Mediterranean College:
Alternatively, they can specialise on certain fields by attending selected accredited CPD courses offered by Mediterranean Professional Studies:
- Leadership & Human Resources Management
- Finance for Small & Medium Businesses
- Digital & Social Media
- Shipping Management
- Global Operations & Logistics
- Hotel & Tourism Management
- Health Management
- Sports Management
Graduates who choose to enter the labour market will be able to assert positions in any business environment or develop their own business in Greece or abroad. In specific, they can build their career in:
- Multinational companies
- Industrial production companies
- Retail & other commercial businesses
- Professional services (technology, education, consulting, etc)
- Banks & other financial services
- Hospitals & other health services
- Tourism enterprises
- Shipping enterprises
- Non-governmental organisations
Studying at the MSc Marketing Management was a unique experience. I really enjoyed lectures and exchange of ideas in the class. I have developed skills in communication and team working and enhanced my research and analytical skills. Today, I feel very grateful to my professors and more confident for acquiring such important knowledge....
Antigoni Filipidou, MSc Marketing Management
My studies at Mediterranean College were the most creative and enjoyable period of my life, helped me to develop the elements of my personality. The conclusion; Never stop following your dreams....
Eleni Stamatiou, BA (Hons) Business (Marketing)
The MBA allowed me to acquire a lot of new knowledge, essential for my professional career. A great thanks to both my family for their support and professors for being such inspiring and supportive....
Dimitrios Orfanoudakis, MBA
· ATHENS: +30 2108899600 · THESSALONIKI: +30 2310287779