- BA (Hons) Business Management (Marketing)
- BA (Hons) Business Management (Finance)
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business Management (Human Resource Management)
- BA (Hons) Business Management (Supply Chain & Logistics)
ΜSc Marketing Management
No1 in Greece | TOP10 in the UK.
CIM accreditation (Chartered Institute of Marketing).
Focus on Creativity, Globalization & Digital Marketing.
96% student satisfaction (PTES 2019).
This highly regarded MSc Marketing Management will increase your understanding of what marketing is – and isn’t – and how it can be applied effectively and creatively in real-world scenarios. Leading employers worldwide increasingly expect their marketing staff – experienced professionals and new recruits alike – to have a specialist degree such as an MSc.
Our course is designed to give you a thorough understanding of the core concepts of marketing and to practise these in safe but realistic business and marketing situations. Building on the broad contextual aspects of marketing, you’ll focus on how to create and implement strategic marketing plans and how to manage brands. Our emphasis is on fostering your creativity, helping you to address marketing challenges in new and original ways. Every module has an international dimension to enhance your global perspectives too. We also aim to develop your practical and creative skills beyond the operational and functional so that you gain a more strategic level of understanding.
The MSc Marketing Management is ideal for those who have recently acquired a Business or Economics degree and wish to specialise in Marketing. Graduates of other disciplines can also choose this course and change or broaden their professional scope. Additionally, the programme is an excellent choice for those already working in Marketing and wishing to acquire a postgraduate degree in their field. Mature candidates who do not meet the standard entry requirements for admission are also encouraged to apply, provided that they possess other professional qualifications and/or substantial working experience.
Requirements for Registration:
- Copy of last certificate of studies*
- CV (in English)
- Reference Letters (2)
- Good knowledge of English (CAE, IELTS 6.5, TOEFL 220, or equivalent IELTS 6.5 level or equivalent) **
- Academic interview
- Photos (2)
- Copy of ID-Card/ passport
*Candidates without a first degree are also encouraged to apply for the programme. Factors like the possession of other professional qualifications, proven industry experience and commitment to continuing personal & professional development, may contribute to the admission to the programme.
** Candidates without official English language certificates can sit the English language placement test of Mediterranean College.
The MSc Marketing Management is offered either in a one-year full-time or a two-year part-time mode. The programme comprises six (6) 20-credit modules and a diploma thesis of 60 credits.
The entire programme stresses the significance of globalisation on consumer behaviour, marketing, branding and meeting customers’ needs. Its content is practical and applied to real business scenarios, with students engaging in case studies, company visits, guest lectures, mini projects and reports.
The first stage of the programme (PG Certificate) introduces students into the fundamental concepts of Marketing. At the PG Diploma stage students focus on creating and developing brands and applying marketing strategic plans. These concepts are discussed through a strategic perspective within the international business environment. At the Master’s level, students “build” on everything they have learned through their dissertation, which can be tailored to their own personal interests or professional aspirations.
|Year 1||Year 2|
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 1||Semester 2|
||Digital Marketing Strategy:
||Contemporary Marketing Challenges:
Part-time Programme Structure
The MSc Marketing Management is designed and delivered in collaboration with highly respected companies and organisations spanning areas from retail to the not-for-profit sector. Students meet industry experts from the Business School’s wide industry network, many of whom contribute thought-provoking guest lectures and masterclasses. Students hear firsthand what happens at the sharp end of the marketing business across vastly different organisational cultures.
The programme delivery gives students the opportunity to apply latest marketing concepts and theories to real-world business scenarios. Internships, company visits and mini-projects are a cornerstone of this course and most modules use real businesses as case studies. Each module is studied on campus through a blend of lectures, seminars, tutorials and self-study. Modules are supported with e-learning materials via our electronic resources as well as text-based resources. Learning is also be enriched by the exchange of ideas and experiences with peer group of students
All assessments are rooted in professional practice, demonstrating the link between academic theory and marketing in the real world. Types of assessment range from reports, online tests and presentations to mood boards, posters and infographics. Assessments are practical and creative, developing your skills as a marketer and as a manager.
The culmination of the MSc Marketing Management is the Independent Study where students select a sector or aspect of marketing which reflects their professional interests and career ambitions. This is their chance to conduct in-depth research, using critical thinking, investigative and problem-solving skills which will serve them well in their future career.
Students receive high quality support from academic staff, going far beyond the contact they have in class. Staff remain accessible to students via email, phone and office hours.
The student learning experience is further enhanced by the Business School’s activities (such as the Student Excellence Conference, open lectures, etc).
- Mediterranean College Business School is one of the first and leading private business schools established in Greece (1977).
- The University of Derby is the No1 UK University in Greece for Marketing Studies (Guardian University Guide 2019) and overall ranks among the TOP-10 UK Universities.
- This is the only Master of Science course in Greece that focuses on Marketing Management, thus giving students a strategic understanding of Marketing.
- It is a recently updated programme, focusing on new trends in Marketing, such as Intercultural Communication, Digital Media, and Social Corporate Responsibility as well as Creativity and Globalisation.
- Assessments are practical and creative, developing students’ skills as marketers and as managers: reports, online tests, presentations, mood boards, posters and infographics.
- Mediterranean College puts emphasis on the academic support of its (mature) students, by offering personalised support and a structured series of academic development workshops (academic writing, referencing, etc)
- Teaching is adjusted to the needs of working professionals (virtual electronic environment, e-library, personal support, assessment through written work), providing students the necessary conditions for successfully completing the course.
- All academic staff are accredited lecturers of the University of Derby for every module they teach. Mediterranean College implements an integrated system of recruitment, assessment and continuing professional development of academic staff, so that students receive excellent teaching and personal support to develop their social and professional skills.
- Business School students actively participate in activities organised within the MC Employability Scheme, the College’s integrative employability development plan.
Graduates are holders of an accredited Master’s degree, professionally equivalent to those awarded by Greek Higher Education Institutions, and may enjoy the professional rights attached to their degree, after they proceed with the required recognition procedure by the Greek authorities.
MSc Marketing Management graduates have attained the required knowledge and skills to work in managerial positions in the wider marketing area. Specifically, they can be employed as marketing, digital marketing, public relations or communications executives in:
- commercial departments of enterprises and organisations
- advertising & communications agencies
- public relation agencies
- market research agencies
- consulting companies
- non-governmental organisations
The can also be self-employed marketing professionals. If they wish, they can continue their academic studies towards a PhD.
Studying at the MSc Marketing Management was a unique experience. I really enjoyed lectures and exchange of ideas in the class. I have developed skills in communication and team working and enhanced my research and analytical skills. Today, I feel very grateful to my professors and more confident for acquiring such important knowledge....
Antigoni Filipidou, MSc Marketing Management
My studies at Mediterranean College were the most creative and enjoyable period of my life, helped me to develop the elements of my personality. The conclusion; Never stop following your dreams....
Eleni Stamatiou, BA (Hons) Business (Marketing)
The MBA allowed me to acquire a lot of new knowledge, essential for my professional career. A great thanks to both my family for their support and professors for being such inspiring and supportive....
Dimitrios Orfanoudakis, MBA