- MSc Forensic Psychology (with Psychotherapy)*
- MSc Counselling and Psychology in Educational Settings
- MSc Applied Psychology: Health Psychology and Counselling
- MSc Applied Psychology: Clinical Psychology and Counselling
- MSc Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (Adult)
- MSc Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy
MSc Applied Psychology: Clinical Psychology and Counselling
40+Years of Experience in Psychology Studies.
TOP30 UK University postgraduate degree.
Clinical Psychology & Counselling, focusing on CBT approach.
Supervised clinical placement in settings.
The MSc in Applied Psychology: Clinical Psychology and Counselling is designed to help students work effectively as a clinical psychologist with clinical individuals and other professionals, by acquiring the essential theoretical and empirical knowledge, as well as essential therapeutic counselling skills, emphasizing on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), to meet the profession’s demands. The programme covers theories and empirical evidence around mental health, disorders and psychopathology, neuropsychology and psychopharmacology. The programme stresses the understanding of psychological functioning, as well as ways of dealing with psychological dysfunction and disorders, on every-day functionality.
- University or College graduates holding a degree in Psychology.
- University of College graduates holding a degree on a related Psychology subject.
Requirements for Registration:
- Copy of latest Degree or Certificate
- CV (in English)
- Reference Letters (2)
- Good knowledge of English (IELTS 6.5 level or equivalent) *
- Academic interview
- Photos (2)
- Copy of ID/ Passport
- Copy of criminal record
* Candidates without official English language certificates can take the English language placement test of Mediterranean College.
The programme consists of six (6) 20-credit modules, as well as the postgraduate dissertation (60 credits).
Through the “Therapeutic Counselling Skills in Action” module, students will take part in supervised placement and gain practical experience in an appropriate applied setting to supplement their knowledge. It is the students’ responsibility to secure a placement and satisfy any requirements needed, however the College supports students in finding a suitable placement. Students need to accumulate a minimum of 100 placement hours and 20 supervision hours.
|Year 1||Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Year 2||Semester 3||Semester 4|
*Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Psychology and Counselling (80 credits)
*Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology and Counselling (120 credits)
*MSc in Clinical Psychology and Counselling (180 credits)
The learning and teaching methods utilized in the programme include:
- discussion sessions
- case-based teaching
- interactive workshops
- lab sessions
Throughout the programme, students will be expected to take an active role and will be encouraged to contribute to the investigation of concepts in written and oral format. This will enable them to further develop their:
- critical and academic thinking
- academic writing and argument building
- personal development
- reflection and communication skills
- investigative skills
For all modules, students will be directed to supplementary information sources, to complement their teaching material and further encourage independent learning.
- A unique programme focusing on the applications of clinical psychology while simultaneously enriching students’ therapeutic counselling skills.
- In-depth knowledge in a combination of two fields of study: clinical psychology and counselling, focusing on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
- In-depth knowledge around mental health, psychopathology and neuropsychological functioning, focusing on assessment and diagnosis, intervention and prevention.
- Development of professional and transferable skills in becoming a clinical psychologist.
- Rooted in the local framework, whilst acknowledging European and global frameworks, contexts and legislations.
- This programme is an MSc (Master of Science) and not an MA (Master of Arts), which makes it less theoretical and more practical.
- High-quality teaching from experienced academics and active professionals.
- Access to a fully-equipped observation suite (with a one-way mirror and audio-visual recording) appropriate for focus groups, interviews, role-playing and observation study.
- Personal development planning and links with continuing professional development and life-long learning.
- Rooted in practice with the use of real-life examples, case studies and placement.
- Various methods of assessment.
- Mediterranean is the College with the most experience and expertise in Greece in the delivery of higher education courses in Psychology and Counselling and offers multiple level study options: from Level 5 Higher National Diploma to Level 7 Master’s Degrees.
- The University of Derby (Guardian University Guide 2020) is a TOP-26 UK University and in the TOP-10 for student employability. This stems from constantly developing the curriculum, as directed by employers, professional and accreditation bodies.
- All academic staff are accredited lecturers of the University of Derby for every module they teach. Mediterranean College implements an integrated recruitment system, assessment and continuing professional development of academic staff, in order for the students to receive excellent teaching and personal support for the development of their social and professional skills.
- The School of Psychology offers students the opportunity to attend – alongside their studies – specialized seminars on the use of psychometric tools, offered by ISON Psychometrica (a leading company in Greece). Students can also attend certified training courses in Counselling, Psychotherapy and Clinical Diagnosis – Assessment.
Graduates of this programme can work in a range of settings, such as:
- Mental health settings
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Rehabilitation Units
- Diagnostic Centers
- As Researchers
- As private practitioners
Alternatively, they can continue their studies towards a PhD or work abroad.
At Mediterranean College I studied the BSc (Hons) Applied Psychology course, which offered me the necessary skills to be accepted for postgraduate studies in London (MSc Clinical Applications of Psychology – Kingston University London) and become a member of the British Psychological Society – MBPsS). Starting from scratch, the College and its outstanding academic tutors provided me the theoretical and practical background to be employed and continue to work until...
Spyros Vlaseros, BSc (Hons) Applied Psychology
I started my studies at Mediterranean College in 2008 when I followed the BSc in Psychology and Counselling course through the University of Teesside. Mediterranean College provided me with the foundation upon which I based my career. After completing the BSc, I moved to England, obtained two Master’s degrees and started working as a research assistant at the University of Teesside. I am completing now my final PhD year with...
Theodora Machaira, BSc (Hons) Psychological Sciences & Counselling
Completing the academic programme BSc in Counselling & Psychology at the Mediterranean College, I managed to register with the British Psychological Society as a Graduate Member, I have been working as an independent mental health professional with my private practice until today, Ι linked with other professionals in the Psychology and Mental Health field, I wrote two psychology books which have been officially published, and also, having an accredited (by...
Evangelos Kousiadis, BSc (Hons) Psychological Sciences & Counselling