MA Education: Leadership & Management
- A unique Master’s in Greece on Leadership & Management in Education.
- The University of Derby ranks No16 in the UK for Education studies (Guardian 2017).
- Serves as a recognised Teacher’s Qualification for non-Education graduates (e.g. mathematicians, physicists, etc).
- Professionally equivalent to Master’s Degrees from Greek State Universities (accepted by ASEP).
- Teaching & learning directed to professionals (classes twice per month, extensive electronic resources, written course-work).
- Content adaptable to the professional interests of students. Opportunities for optional placement in Education Management settings.
- Highly interactive and experiential learning as students come from different areas in Education.
- Special tuition subsidies for Teachers.
Education (Leadership & Management)
Aim of this programme is to assist graduates of different disciplines to pursue a career in Education, with a Leadership and Management focus, while offering an accredited Master’s degree. At the same time this course is relevant to those who have management positions in Education, without relevant qualifications. Its flexible structure combined with the block, weekend delivery makes the MA Education an ideal choice for working professionals both in Athens, Thessaloniki and the wider region.
The programme is addressed to:
- Educators and teachers employed in all fields and levels in Education.
- Holders of management positions in Education.
- Graduates of Higher Education Institutions, Colleges or overseas Universities, regardless of specialty, who want to build a career in Education.
- Non-University graduates, holders of vocational training certificates (IEK or HND or equivalent), having significant working experience in Education.
Requirements for registration:
- Copy of the last studies certificate *
- CV (in English)
- Reference Letters (2)
- Good knowledge of English (IELTS 6.0 level or equivalent) **
- Academic interview
- Photos (2)
- Copy of ID-card/ passport
*Candidates without a first degree are also encouraged to apply for the programme. Factors like the possession of other professional qualifications, proven experience in Education and commitment to continuing personal & professional development, may contribute to the admission to the programme.
** Candidates without official English language certificates can sit the English language placement test of Mediterranean College.
The three-year part-time programme comprises six modules of 20 credits, out of which four are core modules and two are specialist modules. It also includes the diploma thesis (Independent Study) during year 3, which is written with individual tutor support on a topic closely related to the student’s professional interests. The programme content is practical and flexible, with the intention to enhance the professional specialisation of the participants and integrate the already existing experiences and interests developed in the workplace. According to the number of credits accumulated, students have the ability to exit the programme and acquire interim awards, like the Certificate of Achievement, the University Certificate in Education, the Postgraduate Certificate or the Postgraduate Diploma.
|LEVEL||PG CERTIFICATE||PG DIPLOMA||MASTER’S|