In 2012, the Mediterranean College founded K.E.T.A.K. Research Centre aiming at the development and promotion of research and innovation, as well as the connection of research to education.
The Centre was founded according to the standards of modern research centres, in order to promote the scientific and research work in the scientific fields offered in the Mediterranean College through its programmes of studies, as well as to promote technological development and innovation, thus reflecting the superiority and academic culture governing the College operation.
The research centre lies under the Mediterranean College; it is a legal person of private law and has administrative and financial independence. Κ.Ε.Τ.Α.Κ. is a dynamic research unit consisting of active researchers and excellent students of all schools of the Mediterranean College. It is an effort to exploit the bright human resources of that country in conditions of crisis, while it follows the effort implied by the slogan “Mediterranean College, the Power of Knowledge”, in the intention to promote modern scientific knowledge. It gives students, lecturers and College itself extra value. The research group is primarily targeted to the constant presence in conferences and journals and the college connection to research.
The goals of Κ.Ε.Τ.Α.Κ. Research Centre concern:
- The conduct of research, the development of know-how and the transfer of technology
- The development of software products and other high tech services and institutions to the support of the Greek industry
- The support of postgraduate studies offered in the Mediterranean College and other associated Universities, as well as the College educational goals in general
The sectors (scientific areas) of the Centre activities are mainly the following:
- Engineering systems
- Application software and management systems
- Hardware and computer systems
- Operational research and market research
- Applications in the fields of Economy and Psychology
To the achievement of the above-mentioned goals, Κ.Ε.Τ.Α.Κ. Research Centre:
- Prepares and carries out studies and research programmes, which refer to the scientific interests of the Centre
- Produces innovative products and provides services relevant to its research and development activities
- Promotes the development of relations and collaborates with other Greek or foreign research centres exercising the same or similar activity
- Trains scientists and technicians in its sectors of activity
- Procures the necessary technological equipment
- Develops any other activity similar to its goals
For more information on Κ.Ε.Τ.Α.Κ. scientific staff, research work, collaborations and infrastructure, visit the official website:www.ketak.gr