Xmas is About Giving
14-19 December 2020
Christmas at the Mediterranean College- A season of love and giving sharing and identifying the true Christmas spirit.
Christmas for us all is a very special time of the year which enables us to share emotions, special occasions, and unique moments with our loved ones. Christmas also relates to giving and sharing goods and emotions to people less fortunate than us, whom we have never met and will probably not meet. These are people in need of support and help, that were not as fortunate as us in their lives, and people that really need a helping hand to uplift them emotionally and in a tangible manner.
Our motto this year is “Xmas is About Giving”, therefore we at Mediterranean College, in collaboration with our Team of Volunteers and the Student’s union, will organize -in Athens and Thessaloniki- a Volunteer Week, as of Monday the 14th, up to Saturday the 19th 2020. This program follows the principles of corporate responsibility of our College which we follow for many years now.
Our charity activities are supported by both our campus in Athens and in Thessaloniki and have been designed considering the adverse health and Covid-19 conditions we are all facing, as well as the need to give and share with our fellow less fortunate human beings. Today this need is more urgent than ever, as many of our fellow human beings need support, initiatives focusing on both tangible as well as emotional assistance, so that they too can feel and participate in the truly unique Christmas spirit and occasion.
The initiatives include the following:
- Blood Donation from our team of Volunteers
- In Athens, blood donors will donate blood which is a gift of life for those in need at the Oncology Hospital Saint Anargiros, in Kifissia. The blood donation can take place at all hospitals in Athens and the collected blood will be transferred to the designated hospital.
- In Thessaloniki, blood donors will donate blood following a phone appointment at the AXEPA Hospital in Thessaloniki
- Health Visitors and aids: 2313 303308/ 2313 303390
- Nurses: 2313 303405, Internal 3
- This year we also support the Organization of Volunteers and the cause Smile of a Child, through the purchase of gifts from our Christmas bazaar, at the E-Shop or by sending an email at: [email protected].
The Smile of a Child, this year celebrates its 25th year since it was founded and remains focused around its principles of providing care and assistance to all children in need or in danger. These principles are adhered with dignity and care with volunteers accessible 24/7 nationwide.
- Mediterranean College of Athens will also donate funds for a festive season meal at the Center for Support and Brotherhood of the Municipality of Athens (KYADA). This foundation cares for those in need and those that require support and care and find it difficult to cope in terms of everyday life challenges. The Center currently supports more than 26,000 people that live under the poverty line and require help and support.
The bank account for the charity foundation of the Athens Municipality is:
National Bank of Greece
- Back Account: 064/480000-15
- IBAN: GR7701100640000006448000015
- Mediterranean College of Thessaloniki, responding to the plea for help and support of the Greek Children’s Village SOS at Philiro, through the initiatives of both the Student Board as well as the employees, is collecting donations which will help the village continue its much admire charity work.
The bank accounts for the Children’s Village are the following, mentioning Mediterranean College:
- National Bank of Greece: GR1501102120000021229604190
- Piraeus Bank: GR78 0172 2380 0052 3800 3332 696
- EUROBANK: GR7802602320000520100436403
- ALPHA BANK: GR8101407010701002101162926
You are more than welcome to participate in our Christmas initiatives through your presence and donations, so that we can all help and support the needs of the above mentioned, foundations.
The Christmas season at the Mediterranean College signifies and shows that all of us can really make a difference, as long as we all work together, promoting the true meaning of Christmas, sharing and giving to those in need and, therefore, really make a difference to the lives of those less fortunate than us.