EUA (Association of European Universities)
A top distinction for Mediterranean College (MC) comes to strengthen its academic extroversion and add another important milestone in the 45-year history of the 1st private, university College of Greece.
As announced by Professor Michael Murphy, President of the European University Association, the Board of the Union accepted the application for enrollment of the College as a member. Mediterranean College is the only institution in the history of Greek private education, which has been equally accepted as a member of the Union of European Universities.
The European University Association (EUA), based in Brussels, is the largest and most extensive network of Universities in Europe, developing a forum for exchanging experiences, participating in studies and actions, and influencing policy decisions. It represents 850 Universities (582 Universities from the EU of 27 countries – of which 14 are from Greece) from 49 countries, which educate approximately 17 million students. The EUA provides support to the administrations of its member universities for the development of collaborations between them and offers a wealth of knowledge, which contributes to the wider development of academic institutions. The European University Association came from the fusion of teaching and research, merging leading University Institutions with the Meetings of the Rectors of European Universities.
As a member of the European University Association, Mediterranean College will be able to share best practices by actively participating in projects, events and other mutual learning activities involving a wide range of universities.
More specifically, the College will participate:
- In the Union’s strategic programmes entitled “European Universities Shaping the Future” as well as in the formation of fundamental positions, such as “Universities without walls – A vision for 2030”.
- In working groups and projects, conferences, and forums, which aim to diffuse knowledge and promote excellence.
- In the submission of ideas and plans for the mutual development and cooperation between the institutions – members of the Union.
Mediterranean College offers 40+ recognised Bachelor’s and Master’s, across 8 Academic Schools, in collaboration with leading British Universities (University of Derby, 26th – Guardian University Guide 2020) and 20+ certified Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Courses, in collaboration with distinguished European certification bodies (European International University, etc.).
By choosing Mediterranean College, the student ensures:
- Accredited degrees, professionally equivalent with Greek universities.
- Bilingual teaching model, in Greek & English, without the addition of a preparation year.
- On-campus, mixed or distance learning opportunities, with the use of up-to-date e-learning tools.
- Integrated Employability Scheme® for student professional development.
- Scholarships & funding opportunities.