Mediterranean College is a loyal supporter of Greek athletes and believes that there is an inseparable link between Sports and Education! Our mission is to contribute to the personal development of our students and thus, we encourage them to engage with sports, to develop their team spirit and cultivate their patience and persistence.
The link between Sports and Education, however, goes beyond that. We firmly believe that every education institution should promote the athletics ideals and support young people who are involved in sports. For that reason we maintain strategic partnerships with 125 leading sports clubs and associations to:
- Support the “Dual Career” Scheme for Athletes: by providing academic scholarships to athletes we give them the opportunity to start a second career, after stepping down from action.
- Support the penetration and development of Sports and sport ideals, in collaboration with athletic institutes and associations: Association of Greek Olympians, Panhellenic Association of Professional Footballers, Association of Basketball Veterans etc.
- Sponsor and endorse sports clubs and athletic events (PAOK BC, LAVRIO BC, IEK XINI Handball club, Special Olympics, Marathons, etc).
- Operate students’ athletic teams in football and basketball, which participate in University, College and Corporate tournaments.
- Organise major sport events for supporting charities, with the endorsement of top Greek athletes.
- Offer Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses in Sports, such as Sports & Exercise Science, Sports Management and Sports Physiotherapy.