During our long history in providing university programmes of the British higher education we have concluded that Greek secondary and tertiary education does not equip students with all those skills required for a successful academic course in the British educational system.
Moreover, a large percentage of our postgraduate students are mature students that have stayed away from “class” for many years and therefore find it difficult to adjust to the “new” academic environment.
The above factors led us to design a support framework with services that will help students understand modules better and improve the skills that constitute prerequisites for a success in university level.
These services are:
- Academic Writing Skills Workshops. Seminars & workshops for academic writing (essays, reports, dissertations).
- Academic Reading Skills Workshops. Seminars & workshops for academic reading.
- Citing & Referencing Workshops. Seminars & workshops for proper citing and referencing.
- Research Skills Workshops. Seminars & workshops for the development of research skills.
- Presentation Skills Workshops. Seminars & workshops for oral or poster presentation of projects.
Students can be individually supported in the issues above by their Programme Leader, the Personal Tutor and the relevant handbooks available in the e-library.