Summary of Regulations
Mediterranean College has two libraries in all its facilities.
Monday – Friday: 11:00 – 19:00
Saturday: 10.00 – 14.00 twice a month (The detailed schedule is posted on the Announcement Boards and the MC-Class)
Contact: [email protected]
Regulations for borrowing books
Conditions for borrowing
- Each member of the library has the right to borrow up to three (3) books if he/she is an undergraduate student and up to five (5) books if he/she is a postgraduate student.
- Everyone can borrow the book(s) for a period of three (3) working days, unless they are highly demanded, specially marked books, which are loaned for only one (1) day and returned the following working day.
- The library lends all its material except for magazines, information material (e.g. encyclopedias, dictionaries, catalogues, maps, brochures) and archival material (e.g. diploma theses, CD-ROMs, lecturer articles), which are only available for internal borrowing.
- Students with administrative and/or financial obligations toward the College have no right to borrow books.
- All users have the right to reserve a book that some other user has already borrowed.
- Renewal of borrowed books
- All users have the right to renew the borrowed books for another three (3) working days. Renewal can be made online (through mc-class) or by visiting the library before the return date.
- Renewal of borrowed books is possible only if the specific book(s) has not been reserved by other users and provided that the return date has not elapsed.
Delayed book return
- Books must be returned until the last day of borrowing.
- In case of delayed return, the user is charged with a daily fine of €0.60 per book for every working day of delay (maximum fine per book: €20).
- If the user does not return the borrowed books, he/she is not allowed to borrow other books.
- Students that systematically delay to return the books borrowed they are subject to academic penalties, such as their reference to the Academic Dishonesty & Student Misconduct Committee or permanent removal of their right to borrow books.
- At their entrance to the library, students ought to leave their bags in a special area and sign in the visitor book for statistical purposes.
- Users ought to be quiet while being in the library.
- After the use, they should leave the material on the tables and not replace it on the shelves.
- Smoking, eating or drinking is not allowed in the premises of the library.
- Users should be careful when using the books and any other material. Keeping notes on them or folding the pages is not allowed.
- The library has a reading room, where students can study.
- Students are allowed to use the computers of the library only for reasons concerning their programme of studies (searching material, writing essays etc.).
The Detailed Regulation of the Library is an Annex of the Internal Regulation of the Mediterranean College and available in the Library and the MC Class.